06 October 2009

More feeding the hungry masses and food in general

Yesterday was a get organized kind of day.

There was cleaning, grocery shopping, and cooking.

I made a plan (last week's plan fell through when I strained my neck and couldn't move for days...) and yesterday was a bit of go day. I got groceries and made dinner, in addition to sorting out Hedgehog's food the week.

There is a great easy recipe for little veggie fritters for toddlers. I was feeling optimistic.. they are good. I like them. Husband likes them, Hedgehog stares at them. At least Husband and I have something for the lunchbox for this week!

We have also been trying a new cookbook, Jamie's Food Revolution. I have a always liked Jamie Oliver, in fact I still use a Chili Con Carne recipe I saw him make on Food Network years ago, and a Chickpea and Leek soup. As with every recipe, I have adapted it to make how we love to eat it! Last night we had a macaroni and cauliflower bake, which is easy and awesome! I added shredded zucchini and would add garlic next time too. Tonight we are going to try a garlicky chicken and I am looking forward to it.





There are times I will admit I am closet foodie. I love to cook and I used to love to bake (I still do, but find I don't have time and patience, but will be trying fruit scones this week), and I love good food. It doesn't always have to fancy, but good. For Christmas one year I made a family cookbook for my mom... cooking and recipe sharing is about more than food, but the base for relationships.

This post was already started in my head when I read Danigirl's post about Batter Blaster. Don made a good point about being able to make pancakes from scratch. Homemade pancakes was the first recipe I learned. My grandmother never used a recipe and that is how she taught me. Yet now, it is not something I ever make! Husband makes breakfast including pancakes, eggnog waffles, oatmeal, you name it! It has become a part of our relationship and how we share. We still use the pancake recipe my grandmother taught me with.

No comments:

Post a Comment