11 October 2009

Giving thanks for a lovely Saturday

Yesterday was my Saturday off for the month. Our goal is have family days whenever I am off on a Saturday.

Given that is is Thanksgiving weekend and I have no cooking to do (giving thanks to Best Friend for that one) we hit Westboro to check out Cornucopia.

Despite the fact I am in Westboro twice a week, Husband and I have rarely explored all the stores together, and the things going on. Additionally, it was the Tenth Anniversary for work yesterday so we went down to show our support, thank the volunteers who were in and see if any extra hands were needed.

Extra hands weren't required to stay and off we went down Richmond Road.

We hand truffles:



I had a hazlenut hedgehog in honour of my little Hedgehog.

We saw lots of dogs that made Hedgehog squeal in delight. He could spot them for over a block away. We saw one breed we would love, would not bother allergies and is small! The owners kept getting stopped along the way and didn't seem to mind answering the questions from everyone whoe saw the dog.

Since it was my first Saturday in Westboro (I normally spend my Saturdays hangin' in Old Ottawa South), we were able to get cupcakes from The Candy Store. Sooooo good. I had chocolate, Husband and Hedgehog shared a pumpkin spice.



In the end it was a gorgeous day, with no rain, beautiful sunshine, awesome entertainment along the street (Elvis in front of the Newport was hugely popular with a certain little boy in a stroller) and a great day in the store.

At the end of the day there was a very tired little Hedgehog:

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great day. And now I want a cupcake.
    The first thing I thought when I saw the pictures was "I need to get the hats out!' Grr, didn't we just have winter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually bought a bunch of toques (we "misplace" things like toques frequently) at Kiddie Kobbler. They ahd a sale for Cornucopia and we got them for $2/each

    ReplyDelete