Needless to say, I was expecting a busy weekend. We are moving out of our house in 18 days. There is a lot to pack. I was expecting to use most of the weekend to pack the house with the Husband. I was expecting pizza and ice cream cake for my 30th birthday.
I was not expecting my parents, brother, sister-in-law and nieces to arrive from Winnipeg for the occasion. Nor was I expecting a groupd of friends at our favorite pub for a surprise party on Sunday.
Luckily, it has been an amazing beautiful weekend, over 20c for the first few days of April is unheard of. We have been outside, playing in the parks, going to the sugar bush, and more. This is the first time we have had this much family visiting us at once in Ottawa and it was great! We let the kids spend lots of time together, they got lots of time with their grandparents.
The party on Easter Sunday morning was lovely! We had a whole section, everyone brought their kids, and the waitress made sure Treehouse was on tv. We had a pimped out cake from the bakery next to the store, which I love and has awesome goodies.
It was a wonderful way to celebrate turning 30. As a good friend say a few weeks ago, there isn't much more I could have fit into my 20's. I travelled, a lot. I have been married for 6 years to a man who loves me, respects me and is committed to our family. I have a beautiful son. We are buying our second house.
I am very thankful to have turned 30 this week.
That sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate! Congratulations!
ReplyDelete