The Honest Scrap Award Rules say that I must list ten honest things about myself. It also states that you need to recognize who nominated you and pass it. Lynn from Diary of a Turtlehead nominated me! Thank you! It is nice to know that some of the people whose blogs I read may actually read mine! I have been reading Lynn's posts for a while. Honestly, I started ..... wait. This could be my first honest thing.
1. I checked out photo blogs years ago, but really started reading blogs when I was home on maternity leave as I bored out of my mind. It was winter, and I couldn't take the kid out due to immune system stuff. It was the transit strike and everyone I knew was dealing with commuting. Reading blogs helped me feel connected with the outside world and much less isolated. I started reading parenting blogs, and lots of Ottawa blogs. It helped me learn so much more about Ottawa, what there is to do and the types of people who live here (there are a surprising number of Winnipeggers).
2. Work. I love what I do. Truly, honestly love my job. I love going to work (like 99% of the time). Everyday at word is different. I work with a different volunteer every day and I learn so much from all of them. I know that the work we do each day makes a difference in the lives of other people. I don't have to fund raise, I just have to ask people to think about their purchases. I believe in it and it is easy to do. (I think this love for work is why Husband was much better to stay at home then I was.... I like the balance of the compressed work week I now have... work & mommy time).
3. Stress. I just wrote about it, but forgot to mention that I have been dealing with it through the meeting of peanut butter and chocolate in cup form. I sense a lecture for the weight gain coming at my next physical in less than two week. Then again, I think my GP will get it. She may even buy me a peanut butter cup.
4. TV. I love it. Although right now there is not much I am into watching. Husband bought me Studio 60 on DVD and we are trying to get through all of it before we have to pack up the TV & DVD player to put into storage. Without a doubt one of the best shows on TV and it sucks that it never made it past the first season.
5. I wish I cared enough to flat iron or blow dry my hair every day. It really does look better. I just can't bring myself to do it daily.
6. When we were house hunting we really did determine if a house was too expensive if it meant we would have to start drinking cheap beer. I hate cheap beer. I prefer the organic import from the UK that we find in the LCBO in Westboro. I think that makes me a beer snob.
7. The Husband encouraged me to watch NFL. I started. I liked a team different from him. I really did name my son after the quarterback from the team that won the Superbowl that year. My team. Not his.
8. In my young adulthood I lived in South Africa and nearly everyday I still miss the warm breeze on the Indian Ocean, the intensity of the colours, the richness of the country and the people there.
9. I write stories in my head all the time, but usually can't remember them long enough to get them down on paper. It was also one of my biggest problems in university, the amazing introduction or conclusion would come to me when I had no pen or paper to write it down on.
10. Everyday I am thankful that I am married to man who loves, respects and is committed to me and our son.
There are ten honest things.
One of the rules says to pass this onto other people, but most of the other bloggers I read have received this already, or they are work/business/professional blogs. I also have never done this type of thing well. Passing it on. Even as a kid. #11 bonus honest thing. I suck at passing it on.
That's a good list. I don't even know where to start agreeing with it. Let's just say that I agree with most of it.:-)
ReplyDeleteGreat list! I'm the same re: stories in my head. I need to keep a notebook and pen beside my bed and in my purse for the same reason!
ReplyDelete