We spent the day running errands as it was much too cold to be out and about considering we packed most of our warm clothes into storage.
The main errand we did was appliance shopping. When we get into the new house we need a new washer and dryer. We also plan on buying an upright freezer to help with the meal planning and shopping.
Each store we went to the salesman (they were all men) greeted me with an enthusiastic "Happy Mother's Day". I can only imagine they thought this is what I was getting as my Mother's Day gift.
Hardly.
The front loaders all seem so complicated and I feel like I will need a computer science degree to figure it out. Pretty much told the Husband if he wants me to do laundry he better buy an easy to use machine. He pointed out they are no more complicated then my parents washer. He didn't realize that every time we go visit in Winnipeg he does all the laundry because I have no idea how to use my parent's washer!
Happy Mother's Day - the Husband may be buying into doing all the laundry himself!
When we got a front loader I didn't do laundry for about a year ;) I admit though, it's not actually as hard as it looks once I was willing to have a look at the controls. hehe. It was a good excuse not to do any laundry for awhile though! And in the end, we really love ours.
ReplyDeleteWe also have an upright freezer that I love love. I'm not a fan of appliance shopping - stresses me out, so when we moved we just ended up talking to one really helpful guy at Sears a friend recommended and buying everything from him.
Hope you found good stuff! :)
We have a very simple front loader, you can come try it out if you want.
ReplyDeleteI recommend them, they use less water and do less damage to your clothing.