Just before we packed the house I was reading Lamb, and about 1/2 a chapter from the end. Really good book. Hope to find it again and finish it. It is in a box somewhere....
Bought this week:
- For You Mom, Finally by Ruth Reichl
It is short, but about relationships with parents and how they change when we become adults. It also highlights the changing role of women. Like most things I read the afterword first and it framed it a bit for me. Nearly done this one. I think it is one of those I will pick up and re-read at different points in my life.
- The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith
I have wanted to read it for a while and have some time on my hands in two weeks and figured I should just pick it up!
- An altar in the World by Barbara Brown Taylor
This one is a departure for me. It is described as a geography of faith. It is about finding your faith outside of a traditional church, which kind of appeals to me as I believe any kind of faith is more personal and not prescribed by outside people. The woman who wrote it left the ministry to join academia. Not sure on this one, but I was drawn to it on more than one occasion so I listened to the cosmos and bought it.
No comments:
Post a Comment