20 July 2009

Things that make me nostalgic

While we were out west earlier this month we spent a few in the days at my parents cottage. As we were rummaging through all the drawers in the kitchen for various utensils I found this.



It made so many different memories come flooding back. This was my Amma's cookie cutter. You roll across the dough and get a series of cute little cookies. I can remember playing with it when I was younger, rolling it along my leg.

More than the cookie cutter it reminded me of the various things my Amma used to make. One of the best was scones. They would always be wrapped in tea towels still warm on the counter when we got home at the end of the day. About the size of a dinner plate, she always cut them into fours and we had them warm with jam.

This recipes is one of those that we lost and my mother has yet to find. I am still holding out hope my mom may find in some random spot or from a distant cousin.

1 comment:

  1. That cookie cutter is a great idea! I will have to try it. First I need more cookie cutters.

    ReplyDelete