11 August 2010

Yesterday

Every time the phone rang I was on edge. Waiting for a phone call from neurology. I knew it could be at least another week before we heard about an appointment date to hear the results. Needless to say the stress has been getting to me.

When the phone rang around 4pm I was more than surprised when she identified herself as the nurse from neurology. She was calling to say the neurologist had reviewed Hedgehog's MRI and everything was normal, no tethered spinal cord, no masses, no abnormalities.

I am not sure I was still breathing at that point.

Desperately I was trying to make notes until I realized it was useless. The important part of the call is that MRI is all normal and we have an appointment in a few weeks.

This is far from a diagnosis. Far, far from it. However, it does eliminate a whole bag full of scary things that have been keeping me up at night and feeding my need for baked goods.

Where do we go next? I am not really sure, but asked the nurse to find out if we need a referral to another specialist and if we do if they can go ahead and do it, so we don't have to wait another few weeks just to get on another waiting list.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Husband came home and we were having dinner. All I wanted to do was stay home with him, relax and have a de-stressing beer. I had instead weeks before committed myself to attending a focus group for a local research firm, knowing a new pair shoes were waiting for me with the honorarium. I wanted to crap out and not go. Husband insisted I go.
Once downtown the waiting room was filling up pretty quickly. The woman came in and asked if anyone there would really rather be anywhere else. I was the only one who raised my hand. She then added I would still get my honorarium. All the other hands went up, but she instead thanked me for my time, and sent me out the door.
Sitting at home on the front step with an amazing partner next to me and cold local beer in a glass. It was a good night. I slept well.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
After two things like that in one day, I am feeling good for winning the lottery this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment