08 August 2010

The Stove

In case I haven't said (which I don't know if I have... I have been trying to be polite), the new house was filthy when we moved. Filthy enough we replaced the two key kitchen appliances within a week of moving in. Filthy enough we went through all four steam mop pads in less than an hour.

Since we knew we had some pricey things coming up we got one of the cheapest glass top stoves we could. If I could go back, I would have pulled the stove out before we bought the new one and found the gas line about 48 hours earlier.

However, I am quite happy with the one we got. I just can't figure it out. Really. The heat control seems to be a bit beyond me. I am not sure if it is the stress we under, I am not paying enough attention or what. Things boil over, I burn stuff.

Tonight while poaching chicken to freeze for future dinners, I turned it down to let it simmer away, came back 15 minutes later and the entire stove top was covered in water. Lemon and pepper scented water. But seriously. Is it me, or the stove?

1 comment:

  1. It's the stove...
    or I have the same problem... I do similar things all the time.

    ReplyDelete