11 June 2010

The Week My Life Turned into a Soap Opera

- We got our new house
- It was filthy, like bird feathers from the cage still all over the floor.
- The grass had not been cut yet this year, and you couldn't walk in the back yard without getting wacked by a branch
- We had multiple trips to the emergency room at CHEO
- We learned that the cold sore virus can give kids a horrifying rash all over their body and make them horribly sick
- New kitchen appliances had to be unexpectedly purchased
- The Husband left for Copenhagen
- My Mom arrived to save the day
- We had serious problems with our alarm company
- The previous owners blew out some wiring when they removed a light and we needed an electrician
- I got a double ear infection and was so sick one night my mom got up every hour to check on me and ended up with a toddler in her bed by the time morning started.
- The Husband sent a text message from Copenhagen today to say the plane was late leaving and he may not get the connection in Paris and was not sure when he would get home
- When I took Hedgehog to daycare today we learned our daycare provider is moving to Orleans and we need to find a new one.

Thankfully I have amazing supportive co-workers who are letting me stay home sick this week. My mom saved the day when she came this week and my mother-in-law tomorrow.

I am thinking I need to buy a lotto ticket for tonight to change my luck.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! That is a crazy horrible week!

    (When we bought our condo we had to clean food bits and coffee stains off the wall. A lot of them)

    ReplyDelete