07 February 2010

Empathy

We have been sick this week. Really sick.

I fortunate to get sick on Wednesday, when Hedgehog went to daycare and Husband whisked him off and took care of it.

Husband was not so fortunate. His hit last Saturday after I had caught the bus to Westboro for work. He was very sick all day, and I didn't understand how sick until I got it.

Hedgehog was awesome with him all day. He had a lot of patience and empathy for his dad. Playing independently, quietly, and occasionally coming over to see his dad, rub his head and give him hug.

Part of me wishes I could have been home to help and deal with it, the other part of me wishes I could have just seen this little guy crawling over, rubbing a bald head and give his favorite person a hug, with the sentiment of : "I don't know what's wrong but I hope this makes it better!"

No comments:

Post a Comment