Hedgehog is napping and I should be resting, or getting dinner ready, but needing to get this out!
We went to our regular kid's store today looking for some shirts. Hedgehog, unfortunately needed a diaper change while there. A quick peek in the change room showed a change table had been installed.
Great!
Quick bum change - no garbage can or anything in the room. I improvised and put it in a nylon reusable bag I always have in the my diaper bag and figured I could throw it out when I paid for my merchandise.
While paying she asked if I needed a bag, I said I had one but needed to throw a diaper out. She quickly told me they don't have anywhere for diapers but would give me a plastic bag to take it home in.
ok.....
I generally don't get fired up by that kind of thing, and we did cloth diapers for nearly a year so I used to bring them home in washable transportable bags, but seriously, this should be a non-issue for a CHILDREN'S retail store, that went to the effort to go to Ikea and install one of the wall hanging change tables. Why install the change table if you don't want people changing diapers?
It is not a huge issue for retail stores to put it in the garbage and empty their garbage cans twice a day instead of once. I know. I manage a retail store. We are not a kids store and do not have change tables, but would never refuse a dirty diaper! I just don't get this one and was totally annoyed as we went on our day.
Great example of poor customer service and honestly a reason I may not go back.
That's interesting. Maybe she just didn't want to deal with a diaper. I wonder if the manager or owner would have a different opinion.
ReplyDeleteNot sure... she wrinkled her nose and was kind of rude the whole time.
ReplyDeleteWe have noticed the service declining our last couple of visits, and the selection getting smaller.