14 January 2009

We love cloth diapers

Ok... so we use cloth, and today we realized how much we love cloth diapers. Not because they are better for Hedgehog's skin. Not because they are better for the environment. Not because we have never had a leaky diaper. Not because they are super absorbent (which is great, since Hedgehog pees like a baby race horse!)

No, we love cloth diapers for their ability to block odor.

Yup, that's right!

Hedgehog could take a massive (fill in whatever word you think appropriate, mine would be censored) and Husband and I would never smell him.

However, we are going on holiday with the Lovely Lady and her Brave Knight this weekend. We decided not to bring our cloth diapers for a whole variety of reasons. Anyhow, as of this morning, we had pretty much used every single diaper we have in the house. Knowing I would not want to leave dirty diapers for a week, we decided to wash all of them today, and then use the disposables we have for the trip for the next two days.

Two diaper changes later and I am reconsidering. Hedgehog has filled them twice. Both times our eyes were watering before we even took his pants off.

Maybe it wouldn't bother us if we had always used disposables and didn't know cloth were essentially scent free, but OMG... this was brutal.

I may regret saying this later, but looking forward to the 25th when we will have him back in cloth and washing diapers.

1 comment:

  1. Just fyi, a friend warned us about the smelling issue with cloth, but we didn't find it so until our Bug got older -- and the pee became more, uh, potent. But it's really the pee that I find smells the worst oddly enough, I guess the cloth absorbs it. Still overall, we are adoring cloth diapers too, super super easy, cheaper, more attractive, more containable, and less waste!

    ReplyDelete